The Magic Of You by Johanna Lindsey (Malory-Anderson Family #4)

I just finished 3 JL’s novels when I read this. And I gave two of them with 5 stars. Somehow I really love the way JL process her stories become very interesting and not boring at all. It’s adorable, funny, lively, exciting, romantic, strained, and certainly complete!

I couldn’t stop myself to stop reading before I finished it. I just could take a break about 10 minutes before I should continue reading. Sometimes I know this kind of genre is unpredictable if I take a look the ending in this book. In this case, I finally just gave up to find the spoiler and read patiently from the start, which is I couldn't wait to finish.

Normally I do not like stories where there is a conversation that does not involve the main character, especially if the viewpoint is put to the supporting cast. Well, this novel is an exception because I cannot stop falling in love for each supporting character when the viewpoint switching to them. When I read the story of James and Georgina in the beginning which occupies parts quite a lot, I still love it to death instead it made me even more impatient to read their stories. I wanted to scream see James and Georgina who are very adorable. Plus the presence of Jeremy who made me breathless with overflowing charm despite his appearance did not last long, but still so dominant.


Then, the story of Georgina who gave birth at the beginning of the story made me laugh constantly at once touched upon the attitude of James who loves his wife. And the conflict of Georgina gave birth which became the beginning of closeness between Warren and Amy. That's why I did not mind the presence of the supporting cast here instead I strongly agree they occupy the portion of the novel is quite a lot, and again, they are characters who eventually become crucial.

The plot is solid very much, fast, and very entertaining with the presence of character of this novels.

Oh my goodness! If Warren just to say the kind of women like Amy was the first for him, I say that this is also my first time find a character like Amy in the novel I read. And I fell in love with Amy's character! She became my favorite heroine. She is unique, and has confidence in her instincts that made me open-mouthed. It will be very long if I should tell about Amy. She is a virgin who does not look like a virgin, who falls in love with a man with so much age difference. I just wonder, how can Amy choice fell to a man like Warren? Then I followed her character that outstanding adult and not like a girl in her age. It feels like there is a soul trapped in her age, because I see her as a woman who is very experienced.

And it's all because just because her hunch. But how could her hunch can be very accurate? Well, it will be caught in the 6th book. Anyway, because Amy instinct, she decided to chase Warren although she knew Warren would never be approached. she knows, and I'm sure if it was not Amy, another woman will surely give up on the count of three when faced Warren. In the end, Amy decided to be honest and forthright in front of Warren, knowing the time is not a lot to make Warren fall in love with her. And her directness make Warren was stunned, because a 18-year-old girl seduce men who have a hard character as Warren endlessly and do it every chance! Very adorable! Amy was very funny when eager to approach and seduce Warren. If using their term, Amy was immoral as her brothers, naughty woman, and didn't know a shame. She could talk about things so vulgar that would never be done by any Lady. She was not easily flushed and her courage in saying all that was her mind that makes Warren scared. But I agree with Amy, and fully supports. Because otherwise, Warren would never open his heart to anyone, even he remained stubborn when Amy  intended to sleep in bed with him whatever happens. After some time she forthright against Warren who was scary and intimidating, Amy finally able to overcome it and she became the one who made Warren intimidated, then became the reason for Warren avoided her. But anyway, because this was Amy, she became the one who chase our hero. Amy aggressive and really, I do not believe it, she was was a virgin! Plus Amy extraordinary patience, it seems I'm just not sure I can imitate she was. She, though already being abused by Warren harsh words, she still could wincing. Even if she was offended and angry, she just mad one day and then she would forget. Gosh, Amy was really something..


There is no interaction between Amy and Warren who bored me. I like everything related to them, especially Amy though anything always on her hunch, but for me what she did was reasonable. She loved to make various plans to approach Warren. And when they were talking, their ages felt become inverted and Amy became older. And who would have thought, that she was looks outwardly polite, turns scary with her persistence that exceeds Warren himself.

And I love the way this story ends that Amy gave up on Warren but couldn't hate him.
Well, my review cannot be compared than read directly. So I highly recommend this novel if you at least have read the first book of this series to get to know all the Malory family members. I just could not stop laughing when reading it. JL process the dialog cleverly that cannot stop to make me want to continue reading. And I want to know how their relationship continues, when Warren was so very sweet and not fierce as before, unfortunately I only got that part a little. Warren more often has a sour expression

Hmm, the epilogue of the book had always placed in the next book. As in the novel, I was reading the epilogue of the story between James and Georgina because viewpoints often placed on them.

Aaaa ... I'd love to read a this kind of novel again. I am not satisfied.

5 of 5 Stars


 Alina Za

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menyelami Seni dalam Kejiwaan pada buku "Psikologi Seni"

Scandal in Spring (The Wallflowers, Book 4)