Review: Rules of Attraction

Rules of Attraction

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

It has been a long time I don’t write review, and now I will start my October review with the book of Simone Elkeles: Perfect Chemistry series.

I write my review start from the 2nd book, because I do a marathon from the first and continue reading it direct to the 2nd book, so I will start from here.

I finally met with Carlos who in the first book was only an eleven years old boy, but hereee he was in his seventeen years old. I really want to figure his transformation. From the first book I knew that I would definitely love the three boys of Fuentees here. They were sooo lovely in their own way. They had their own character and it what made every story had different taste. If we knew that Alex was a boy who actually didn’t really wanted to be a bad boy, I mean, he indeed active in a gang and had a big loyalty there but deep in his heart he actually wanted to have decent life so it what brought him to Brittanny. But he always felt that it what he should become, because he was the oldest in their family so he had responsibility to ensure that his family kept healthy, had enough food, and his brothers kept going to school. However, Carlos had his different way of thought about life. Instead had a good life and decent life, he just wanted to stuck in gang because it what define who he was. He ever did illegal thing and it made his family really worried especially Alex who always thought that he responsible for what his brothers would become. Maybe Alex used to felt that he failed to make Carlos realized that they could have a better life.
Carlos hate that his brother in his eyes become a coward, looked so weak, and he wanted his brother back like before when Alex was in gang. Yup, short story, because his family really worried about Carlos, finally Carlos moved with his brother and went to a new school. Then, after some incidents, he lived with Westford family where there was this girl named Kiara. They had met each when first time Carlos went to school, but they didn’t have good relationship. Anyway, Kiara and Brittany was different character but I still love both of them. Kiara had her way to make Carlos felt for her. The way she never shame with herself, always become herself, wearing shirt that define who she was even when many girls in her school hate her appearance, but that’s what made Carlos always put attention to her. Kiara liked climb a mountain, she like fixed car, she even did something that usually girl never wanted to do. Carlos actually didn’t like kind of girl like Kiara, he said repeatedly that she hate Kiara. How to say, Kiara hard to be ignored. Carlos really felt for her and when it happened I wanted to scream.

I enjoyed this book and I really wanted to see their moments. I become addicted I think with this family. I wanted to see how that is if Carlos finally meets with Destiny and how Kiara will face that thing. Maybe she will really jealous and make another conflict? Ugh, I don’t know but I want to know. Whatever is that, I still really like this story.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menyelami Seni dalam Kejiwaan pada buku "Psikologi Seni"

The Magic Of You by Johanna Lindsey (Malory-Anderson Family #4)

Scandal in Spring (The Wallflowers, Book 4)