Review: Too Late

Too Late

My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I hate this.

I hate that I should know what Asa thought about Sloan and Carter/Luke, every time. I hate that I knew how much he loved Sloan, but then I hate his behavior: cheat, drug, rough, possessive (it should be good thing, but when Asa had that, it’s scary). Maybe the most part I hate from this book was because I should be put in Asa position, his POV, and I knew about his suffer, urge, needs. It’s getting hard for me to get into this book because I knew so much about Asa, and what made him like this. So, it’s not because this book was bad that I didn’t put full stars, I mean , there was people out there would like this book so much, surely, but every time I know more about Asa, it took more my sympathize instead admitted that he was a jerk, asshole, bastard, that he did a crime, but he also genius… shit.


Asa made me felt as a parent. I loved him, I really care about him, but I knew that he took the wrong path in his life, so he should pay it someday. Then I also believed that he could change, he could be much better, he had the potential, so I always wish for him to get his real happiness. Unfortunately, we would never know Asa’s future anymore, because the story stopped when he knew that his world had really, for sure, falling apart. He didn’t have anyone, again. I wanted cry for him, he had in his twentieth but his mental age still as a child, so I really sad for him. I never wanted him with Sloan, they had the different way to get their happiness, so I didn’t want Sloan with him, but I also wanted Asa with someone who would know how to heal Asa (am I wrong to think like that?), but maybe Asa would never get it, anyway, the story had really ended now.
Okay, maybe you will think that it’s wrong because I put so much attention for Asa. I just couldn’t help it. Usually, when I read this kind of book, the one who had the dark past was the hero, not the antagonist one. And here, the worst person here was the most who need ‘love’ here. Also, the author put me in Asa’s perspective, which so much makes sense why I’m feeling like this.
Maybe Colleen also want to make me knew that even Asa didn’t have his heart anymore, she wanted to show that Asa’s soul still a child, but now he could not heal anymore because it’s too late. It’s too late for him to change, so what remained from him just only his punishment. In this book said that Asa never chose the way he lived, but why I always thought that he had that chance to chose? Maybe I missed something here? Because if I knew that he could not choose his path of his life, it made me felt miserable, because I really want him to be healed. It’s different if I knew that he actually had his choice, but he chose this way, so I would not put so much pity on him.

Then, because Asa was not normal, we want the normal character so here they were: Sloan and Carter/Luke.

For Sloan and Luke, of course I want them to be happy. I fell in love with Luke the first time he appeared in this story, he was so different with Asa, he was perfect, had a perfect life, perfect job, and when he was with Sloan everything was perfect, and I knew that he could saved Sloan. Sloan, on the other side, was more similar with Asa (they had the dark past), so that’s why I wanted Sloan with Luke, not with Asa. Oh, and of course I also put so much sympathize to Sloan. She had suffer every time she with Asa. She only ever dated Asa, so she had not comparison, what a pity of her. She never really knew what she getting into until she met Luke. I sobbed the part she asked Luke to bring her out from Asa’s house but Luke rejected to protect her. I felt hurt when Sloan was so patient about her life because I knew she deserved so much better. She had a dream to have a good and normal life which was she thought she would never get. Also her wish about Luke, the urge that she wanted to be saved, that’s hurt me. She was so much wanted to give up, and I really like that kind of felt she put on me. That’s why I didn’t really enjoy the part when I put sympathize to Asa. Usually I just wanted to sympathize with the hero and heroine so I would not have good wishes for person who made my favorite couple suffered. Anyway, what happened to me was I still had my wish for Asa.

Yeah, so actually Asa was the biggest conflict here. Even so I hope that I would be better did not know what was in Asa’s head, but I knew this book was really good also because there was Asa here. Maybe the story would not give me this kind of impact if I didn’t know what was in Asa’s head, right? But I still couldn’t accept this. You screw with my heart, Colleen!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menyelami Seni dalam Kejiwaan pada buku "Psikologi Seni"

The Magic Of You by Johanna Lindsey (Malory-Anderson Family #4)

Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3)