Review: Archer's Voice

Archer's Voice

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I actually intended to finish this book right before New Year, but it failed. I just finished it last night anyway.

-------------------------------
So, here my review for the first book I read in 2017.

I was so so sooo lucky!!

How come I found this book? What did I consider to take this book from my tbr instead another book? No idea. I actually was just pure lucky. Because whaatt? This book is incredibly good XD I finally find another story with good twisted, good conflict, good character, and good plot of course. And it is a perfect packaging!

When I read this book, a little while I remembered CoHo's book titled "Maybe Someday", about a man who lost his voice, and a woman who fall in love with this kind of guy. Of course it's different, I just thought about it because it brings the same conflict anyway.


If in Maybe Someday the big conflict is about another woman, so here the big conflict is about the past. I prefer this book, because I personally don't really like story about triangle love, sometimes I hate that kind of story the most. And this book brings a story about how hard life our hero should through and it brings much sympathy from me.

We meet with Archer, a guy who becomes a title of this book. This kind of hero is not an alpha male, maybe also is not your typical hero. Our hero here is someone who has so much lacks in himself: his disability in speaking, bad in his social life, also about his awful past experience. He's a damage person, because if it is in normal situation, hard to become like him. If I didn’t see him as Bree saw him, I maybe would not really interest with him. However, our heroin, Bree Prescott, is really a kind of girl with pure heart. She can see Archer the way people never sees him. Maybe Bree is aggressive woman; she is the one who come to Archer first. She is who open the gate, and go inside Archer house when another people are ignorant. She is the one who ask Archer to do communication with her, and she is who always bike to Archer’s home. It clearly that Archer will never become the one who take the lead first to get Bree at the first. But it’s just because who he is. There is so much reason for him to stay away from anything that can hurt him again. And I understand, we will understand just like how Bree can understand.

You will absolutely love him anyway, because the way Archer through his life, the way he sees himself, the way he loves Bree. Just like Bree, we cannot hate him. He’s worth to love when he always think that it’s impossible for him to receive love. He has really bad experience, and it happened to him when he still seven years old. Bree is savior. I really love the way Bree always there for Archer, for everything.

I’m telling you, I cried so much when I read this book. Except their past, actually none was really sad, and I even did not cry because their past. It’s tragic, it was sad, but not enough to bring my tears come, because it make me cringe how cruel his past. I cried a lot because their love, how beautiful Bree to Archer and Archer to Bree. When Bree was really moved because of Archer, and every time Bree cried because the way Archer treated her, Archer who was really a romantic person when he didn’t have clue that he was so tender, gentle, and honest to Bree, and how Bree admired and amazed to Archer because the way he through his life, when she cried, I cried too. There was moment when Bree cried because she finally knew how Archer finally lost his voice, or how the story of his tragic life. I cried there not because the story, but because her sympathy to him, mixed with big love for him. Also when Bree found how big the fear of Archer to lost Bree, she cried, I cried.

I think I became Bree too much in this story. And it just proved that Mia Sheridan is really good in telling story because this story put me fully as Bree. Another reason is because Bree is my type of heroin, so I really enjoyed her character and her feeling can be delivered perfectly to me.
I hope I can read this kind of story again. Something that romantic so much it can bring me tears.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menyelami Seni dalam Kejiwaan pada buku "Psikologi Seni"

The Magic Of You by Johanna Lindsey (Malory-Anderson Family #4)

Devil in Winter (Wallflowers #3)