Review: Can You Keep a Secret?

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

So i have known for a long time that Sophie Kinsella is one of popular authors. I often see her books but i haven't really want to read them. I don't know. Maybe because she write book with 'chicklit' genre and i never read that genre so i don't put interest with her books. Now, after reading this book, i don't really understand what the different betweet chicklit and contemporary romance. No idea. Anyone can explain to me?

Anyway, I looooveeee this book. I'm searching for humor and funny romance book in goodreads, and I always see this book on the top list. I never read Kinsella's books but my GR friends's review of her books are positive, and i check the blurb and i feel like... 'it's okay, i will give it a try' and i read it.
Now I know why this book is put on the top list. This book is really hilarious, funny, light, i smile a lot, then i also cry. But i'm so happy. I'm happy read this book. This is! This is what i need right now! For days forward maybe i will still looking this kind of books until time i can back read some of books with dark story again (i'm intended to, but really, not right now in my currently mood and emotion)


Back to this book.
So after read the review, i actually have figure the story. Why this story is funny. Anyway, i still laugh a lot on the first page when Emma in the plane. Her fear is really something quirky. Then, when she finally meet again with Jack, that was also sooo funny . I can feel Emma's feeling. The way she always thrilled everytime she met Jack. And Jack! W-o-w. First I thought he was kind of CEO we always find on novel: dark, rarely talk, cold, arrogant, intimidate. For me Jack is different: he's humble, friendly, he's quite but not hard to close, he didn't intimidate people but witty and can make people actually ashamed in place when he's just put an innocent face. He was a CEO, big boss, has a company, but he's so relaxed. He did everything by gut instinct. He did not really like formal meeting, he's so informal : the way he thinks always something creative, and his style also informal but relax. He's indeed a boss, big boss, but he had style like artist (art). He's honest except about himself, and it's easy to fall for him.

Maybe he was innocent or what, and i could feel how hate Emma to him when he was doing something i myself hard to imagine that kind of scene would happen to me. I knew why she was afraid, because she had right to be angry. I also knew why she could not easily accepted Jack's forgiveness. I one hundred in Emma sides, because, what kind of relationship if cannot trust each other? Cannot share about yourself? It hurts to much when you have the feeling that people you love don't feel the same, so that's why i agree with her. And Emma is a smart girl. She hate Jack so much but it didn't mean she would ruin his life. She just would move on, forgot everything, just moved on and had herself back. I love her so much for this, for every decision she made. She was kindhearted, lovely, warm, and positive.

I still want more after reading this book, because i love this couple. I love the way they think. I love all of story inside. And i just want more. They haven't said love to each other anyway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Menyelami Seni dalam Kejiwaan pada buku "Psikologi Seni"

The Magic Of You by Johanna Lindsey (Malory-Anderson Family #4)

Scandal in Spring (The Wallflowers, Book 4)